Monday, April 7, 2008

Eastward Bound

We have finally reached Ontario and are glad to see rocks and trees again. The Prairies were very beautiful, but a bit to flat for my tastes.
Tami and Rick went to a Toronto Blue Jays game on Saturday. The Blue Jays beat the Boston Red Socks 10-2. Tami said in one inning the Jays got six runners in. They had a good time.
While Rick and Tami were at the game, I went shopping with some other missionary wives. I bought myself a black denim skirt, a beautiful puprple blouse and a sweater set. I had alot of fun with the other ladies, and was glad to make some new friends.
On a sadder note, I was very disappointed when my team, the Vancouver Canucks, was elimaneted from going to the playoffs. I'm not quite sure what needs to be done with the team, but I do know that the Cup has to come to Vancouver. I will also be sad to see Trevor Linden retire. He has been a big part of the team for a very long time.

1 comment:

monkey chick said...

Hadn't heard about Linden...tell me you're kidding! I was so mad that Vancouver lost the game against Edmonton...all the elements were in play to possibly not only make it to the playoffs but eliminate Calgary. But I guess, as Brett says, we can cheer for Washington 'cause they have Cooke, a true Canuck at heart or the Ducks cause Bertuzzi used to be a Nuck.